Building Strong Families: Lone Parent Workshop Series
This free informative workshop series is offered several times a year in a 6-week format, three hours per session. This facilitated program was developed using feedback from single parents and covers topics such as: self-care, grief and loss, resources, boundaries, budgeting, relationship building with your child, family activities and moving on.
Whether you are a new or experienced lone parent, this program offers an opportunity to build (or add to) your resource base while enhancing strategies and skills along with other lone parents.
Building Strong Families: Part 2
Participants that complete the first workshop series can attend this 4-part series. Topics included: letting go, loneliness, solitude and fostering family resiliency.
*Lunch and childcare provided*
Completion certificates are given out at both workshops, upon the successful attendance to all sessions. For more information and to register please email firstname.lastname@example.org>
or call 587-392-2262.
Building Strong Families:
A Workshop Series for Lone Parents
(Sample workshop template)
Session 1: Resources (1.5 hours)
- Benefits, subsidies, waivers, basic needs, parenting/counselling/legal and health supports
Parenting On Your Own (1.5 hours)
- Strengths of lone parent families and things that help lone parent families be successful
- parenting an opposite sex child
- time saving tips
Taking Care of You (1.5 hours)
- What is stress?
- Self-care strategies and relaxation
Budget Friendly living and Fun Stuff (1.5 hours)
- Money saving tips on groceries, utilities, shopping, recreation etc.
- Low and no cost child and family activities around Calgary
Planning Ahead (1.5 hours)
- Lone Parenting: Getting into Your Child's world - Building a relationship with your child (presented by Parent Coach from Family Connections Parent Link)
- Planning ahead: Information relating to Ages and Stages of children and anticipating life stages (choosing a home, daycares, preschools, schools, camps)
It Takes a Village (1.5 hours)
- Building a support network
- Setting healthy boundaries
- Co-Parenting/Parallel Parenting
Moving On (1.5 hours)
- Grief and Loss
- New Relationships
Budgeting (1.5 hours)
Workshop curriculum is also offered in five, 2.5 hour sessions.
Topics may not be offered in this order or modified depending on the needs and interests of the group participants.
Agencies interested in having the program offered at their facility can contact us at 587-392-2262.